POR 15 45204 Gray Rust Paint Restoration Sealer Quart 1QG
Use the proven product that hobbyists car magazine editors & professional restorers have been using since 1980!
Unlike ordinary paints POR-15® is designed to be coated right onto rusty surfaces leaving a beautiful rock-hard finish that won't crack chip or peel. Use it to coat a rusty frame floor pans farm equipment underwater marine items or even a heavily corroded battery tray and stop rust permanently in its tracks!
The secret lies in the POR-15® curing process. Unlike paint POR-15® cures by drawing moisture from the atmosphere. Paint on the other hand cures through the process of solvent evaporation through pores (that's why you can smell a paint job for weeks). Those same pores allow microscopic amounts of air and moisture to gradually reach the surface of the painted metal.
POR-15® is so tough that some folks describe it as Powder coat in a can. Use it on your chassis and you'll be surprised as how little effect gravel roads have on the finish. In fact off-road enthusiasts and dirt bake racers use it on their frames and under-carriages where NO paint can survive. Furthermore POR-15® is very flexible and can withstand much twisting and bending without cracking. Use POR-15® on anything you want to permanently protect from rust stone chips or other common paint failures.
Farm industrial marine commercial and construction industries all use
POR-15® to protect expensive and valuable equipment against rust abrasion and even graffiti. POR-15® also has excellent surface tolerance which means it works very well on porous surfaces such as wood fiberglass concrete and bricks. Try some for yourself!
- Automotive chassis doors floors trunk areas suspension engines & fuel tanks
- Industrial heavy equipment truck components trailers fuel storage rebar steel forms concrete storm grates transformers wastewater management
- Marine decks bilges hulls steam pipes chain lockers masts
- Home seal cracks in basements and foundations garage floors roofs HVAC pipes beams home appliances
- Also excellent for sealing and repairing fiberglass
- 1 quart covers 96 sq. ft. (single coat) / 1 liter covers 9.2 M2
- Compatible with all paint systems
- Tested to over 572°F/300°C
- Exceeds 2000 hours salt spray test
- Dries faster in humid conditions
- Repels all fuels and oils
- Resistant to most acids and alkalis
- Over double the solid content of most ordinary paints
- Hammer tough
- Self leveling
- Single Component